Friday, August 27, 2010

Go Olney Cubs!

It's pep rally time!  Sophia experienced her first pep rally today and it was a first for me as well.  I had never attended a "small town" pep rally before.  I haven't been to one at all since my own high school days more than ten years ago.  I surprised myself as my excitement grew exponentially the closer we got to the school.  (Trina and I live close enough to walk.)  It was so great to see the whole community come together and show not just school pride, but community pride as well.  They had everyone from pre-k thru high school there, and people like me who don't even have a student.  It was awesome.  Sophia did a great job being a little cheerleader.  We're totally pumped about some football tonight!


Go Cubs!  Stomp those Tolar Rattlers!

0 comments: